77 WABC is seeking a Part-Time Board Operator with at least 1 year of experience running a broadcast board at a commercial radio station in a mid- to large-market.
• Run broadcast board for live and pre-recorded local and syndicated radio programs plus news, traffic and weather breaks
• Play all commercials and promos as scheduled
• Maintain commercial and transmitter logs
• Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
• Regulate timing of programs
• Handle emergency inserts (e.g. breaking news updates, emergency alert system, amber alerts etc.)
• Be familiar with EAS guidelines and air emergency alert system tests as indicated
• Be familiar with FCC rules and protect the company’s FCC license by censoring live programs and deleting words / phrases not permitted on air
• Troubleshoot technical problems
• Notify Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Available to work assigned shifts primarily nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Familiarity with automation systems, Enco a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and audio editing software like Adobe Audition.
• Must be able to work with little supervision with multiple demands.
• Time management and attention to detail
• Dependability and reliability a must
• At least 1 year experience in the same / similar position in a mid- to major radio market
• High school diploma required. College or related technical training a plus.
WHO WE ARE:
Cumulus New York is home to four of the Tri-State Area’s favorite radio stations – 77 WABC, 95.5 PLJ, NASH FM 94.7 and Radio 103.9. The stations are located in Midtown Manhattan, convenient to train, subway and bus. At Cumulus New York we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee.
CLICK HERE to send an email with your resume and cover letter attached. Use the subject header 77 WABC Board Op. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.